Saturday, April 20, 2013

Completed cabinet

I finally got around to finishing the new kitchen cabinet that I was working on in the last blog. I'm not gonna lie to you. The doors were a bugger. I'm pretty happy with the outcome and I am leaning more toward all white cabinets now that I've seen it on a bigger scale in someplace other than my mind and on +Pinterest . Take a look and see what you think
I didn't decide to go with classic black pulls until I saw them at +Lowe's Home Improvement while I was picking up hinges and a hole boring bit. It occurred to me at that time that this would be a nice touch and I'm pleased with the look. This little change added almost 4 cubic feet of eye level food storage and tons of charm to my kitchen. I am really excited to build the two additional glass enclosed cabinets on the other side of the kitchen.
This pic is pre-move in but it's the best angle to see what's going on with the right side of the kitchen. My plan is to add a 4 foot tall glass front and side cabinet in each corner of this 9 foot section of base cabinets. It's a really big area and it looks a little blah with nothing there. Not sure exactly when I will get started on that but it may be early next week.
I'm about to do something totally out of character for me: I'm doing two blog entries in one day! Haha, only because I want to cover the promised subject and it's totally unrelated to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment